Thursday, July 30, 2009

Halas?

"Halas" is the Arabic word for "finished". It's the second Arabic phrase I learned, after "In sh'allah". In case you don't know, "In sh'allah" means god willing, which also means "I am not going to do anything about it, fuck off". This entry is going to be more related to "Halas"!

The longer I've been in Dubai, the less adventure there is. I am thinking maybe I should end this blog for good... because sometimes I don't always feel like I have something exciting to say. This is probably evident because I am updating it less and less... and trust me, I do feel extremely guilty about it. Besides, even though I am kind of hating on this place, I have to admit that it's kind of (in the sightliest possible way) growing on me. I have friends, I know where things are, etc. Not that it's becoming a home or anything, but it's becoming less new and exciting every passing day.

Here's a quick update about what I am doing: Tomorrow night I am leaving for my fabulous Asian holiday. First I am going to Thailand for a week to learn to dive. Then I will be jetting to Taipei to visit the 'rents. I will be taking the bullet train down south and go do some surfing and more diving. My mom is also taking me to Japan for a week or so at the end of the month... I will return to Dubai at the end of August. Three weeks after (during Eid, the holiday that follows Ramadan), I will be in Istanbul. As you can see, I am barely going to be in Dubai, so this blog is no longer relevant...

I may just start a new one and just call it Kayo's ramblings and Adventures around the World. Who knows? Until then, trust that I am having a fabulous time...

I also have a blog about information literacy- maybe when I make a habit of updating that one on a regular basis, I will advertise it- maybe my fellow librarians will be more interested in that?

I am not ready to go home yet though, in case you are wondering. I am thinking about moving to Thailand after I become unemployed- it's warm and cheap. I am gonna go hang out and maybe a wealthy man will find me and decide to put me up in southern France. Anyway, being in Thailand in the winter will beat going back to Vancouver, where I will be cold and poor. I am also thinking about moving to Istanbul. People seem to think that I have pretty good chance of getting a job as an English teacher, or even as a librarian in an English speaking university. I think that would be just super, working in Istanbul as a librarian.

So my dear friends, this may be it. To make our ending a little sweeter, here is a picture you may enjoy:


Cupcakes always seem to make things better, especially good-byes. I promise I will start another blog (in sh'allah!), one that will entertain you as this one has done (I seriously will)...

Thanks for reading! Muah.

Halas!

No comments: