Here's what my boss said today, "When you come to Dubai, you come with two luggage, one is for shit and the other is for money. When one fills up, you go home."
Today is certainly one of those days I could have used some real hugs. I really wish my boy was here to shield me from all the bad stuff. Today, I certainly feel like getting a lot more shit than money in Dubai.
There is just so much bullshit going on right now. One of my colleagues has been fired because he had supposedly unfairly failed some (financial influential) students and "inappropriately touched them". My library is full of politics and favouritism, and I am kind of being worked to death. My boss might leave because she's so fed up. I might end up being cooked alive in a stew by the other librarians in Abu Dhabi. Oh, I was mistaken for a prostitute again and had some guy asking me if I was from China and wanted my number so he could 'come over'. AND some bad bad Sheikh had butchered Watchmen to a point that it doesn't make any sense. I don't know why they even bother showing it if they are going to destroy it like that.
I am broke, stressed and kind of fed up with my job and the city right now. Just sitting tight... waiting for my trip home that's less than three weeks away... Maybe after my vacation, everything will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you are feeling better now Kayo. If it makes you feel any better, my version of the "Watchmen" was uncensored and it didn't make any sense to me either!
Post a Comment