This not having the Internet thing is starting to make me stir-crazy. Apparently, the Internet of the whole building in down. How can the Internet god allow this to happen?!?!?! How am I suppose to steal Internet? (It's apparently working right at this moment, that's why I am able to steal it) I visited Etisalat (the one and only Internet provider in the UAE) on Monday. When I asked them when they are coming by to hook me up, he said, "7 working business days". What the fuck?!?! With the National Day and the Eid coming up, I will never get hooked up. Besides, what does it matter if I get hooked up if the Internet for the whole building is down? I was told that even if I was paying for Internet, it can go down any minute. Oh Internet god, please save me, please save me from the lack of your love! Please come to Dubai and fix this fucking problem.
I've been pretty bored, so this is probably going to be a pretty boring post. I finally went out to and bought myself a DVD player. I also found the second season of 'Dead Like Me'. I watched the whole season in two days. I was that bored. I didn't have Internet pretty much for the last two days. And all my 'new friends' have left to go on vacation, or are unavailable. It's been a lonely and boring last couple of days, let me tell you. Oh, in case you are wondering, the second season is brilliant. I don't want to spoil it, but it's great! It also made me more than slightly homesick, considering a lot of the scenes were filmed in Vancouver. My beloved, dear, dear city. Sigh*
My apartment is start to look like someone lives here. I've put up some photos. I hung a glass clock that I bought from IKEA, and it was up on the wall for all of an hour. While I was sitting enjoying my cocktail and watching 'Dead Like Me', it fell and shattered into a thousand pieces on the floor. I had to pause my show to clean up. Ugh. I should have known better than to buy a glass clock. What the hell was I thinking?
I have two cats now. Don't worry folks, I am not a crazy cat lady. Not yet anyway. I am looking after my friend's cat while she went back to the states. I am trying to develop some good karama so when I am going on vacation, she will look after my cat. I am thinking ahead. This cat's name is Bella. She's been hiding for two days and crying (and keeping me up all night). I totally understand how she feels though... being in a totally strange place with strange people (okay, it's just me and Dewey). She has every right to be scared. Fortunately, she is slowly emerging from her shell... but I don't think Dewey likes this intruder in her home. They fight a lot. But since Dewey is so much smaller, she always seem to loose. Poor thing.
Although I have nothing exciting to report, I've decided to post something for my royal readers. I hope you are all well and flourishing... and staying out of trouble. My mother is coming to visit on Monday, so I am going to take her sightseeing. More adventure may come shortly. And photos too! Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of Michael's friends had to wait a whole year to get his Internet hooked up. Dubai sucks that way. I hope you get yours soon.
I hope that doesn't happen to me. I would DIE without Internet at home. This stealing signals thing is getting kind of old...
Post a Comment